Winter is coming, and with the change of seasons, homeowners should understand how to care for their roofs if there is a buildup of snow and ice. Heavy loads of snow and ice is a significant concern of property owners because it can create costly problems that could put you and your family in danger. Below we list common hazards that are associated with snow and ice on the roof.
- When your roof accumulates too much snow and ice, this buildup can be very heavy for your roof to handle for long periods of time. If you have an older and weakened roof, heavy snowstorms can cause your vulnerable roof to collapse. We recommend hiring our company to inspect your roof before every winter to ensure there are no needed repairs that could endanger you and your loved ones.
- If snow and ice block your chimneys and vents, your family could suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is very dangerous to your health and could result in death if not fixed promptly.
- Snow and ice buildup can cause water damage from ice dams, which can result in a hefty roof replacement cost in Portland, Oregon.
If you are interested in learning more about our roofing services, contact us today at (503) 374-0294 to request a free estimate.
At Sunnyside Roofing Services, we strive to ensure the roof over your head is safe and secure. From residential roof repairs to a roof replacement in Happy Valley, Oregon, we offer a wide variety of roofing services to help you meet your specific needs. Many factors determine the overall price of your roof investment. Below we discuss the different factors that could impact your price when you need a new roof.
- The size of your roof determines how much materials are ordered based on your specific roofing square. The more materials needed for your roof, the more you will be expected to pay.
- The roof’s pitch or slope will impact the overall cost of your roof because it can require more labor, staging, and safety tools needed to complete the job. Additionally, depending on the required fire rating, this will impact what underlayment system will be utilized, ultimately impacting the price.
- Many different roofing materials range in price. Roofing materials range in aesthetic, wright, longevity, and durability, which all affect the overall price of your roof investment.
- Roof access plays a large role in bidding out the job because if it is difficult to reach your roof, this could impact the cost of labor and equipment.
Contact us today at (503) 374-0294 to request a free estimate.
When it comes to finding a comprehensive roofing company that you can trust, it is important to do preliminary research. Below we offer helpful advice to help you determine the right roofing crew for the job.
- It is vital to spend time researching local roofers to ensure they have the qualifications and skills for the job. Reading reviews is a great way to seek honest opinions from previous customers.
- After completing research, it is important to seek out different companies, we recommend at least three companies, to meet their staff and to receive different quotes in the area. A good contractor will take the time to answer any questions you have to make you feel confident in your hiring decision.
- After you have found the company that you like, it is a good idea to request a contract. A valid contract is important for homeowners because it lays out all the service information needed to conduct fair and honest business. The contract should include items such as work dates, prices, payment plans, product warranties, and more.
If you are interested in speaking to our roofing contractors in Hillsboro, Oregon, we encourage you to contact Sunnyside Roofing Services, LLC, to learn more about our services and estimates. Contact us today at (503) 841-2587 to schedule an appointment.
In a previous blog post, we discussed the importance of maintaining and preserving your roof to enhance its functionality during the fall season. Many easy steps can be done to help strengthen your roof, so it is strong and safe for the changing seasons. Below we list helpful tips to follow to prepare your roof for fall.
Check Attic Air Flow
It is important that your attic has sufficient airflow and ventilation to help preserve the health of your roof. We encourage our clients to inspect and repair any areas in your attic that show signs of poor ventilation.
Remove Loose and Overhanging Branches
Removing loose and overhanging branches that surround your home is vital to protecting your home and roof. During the fall, the falling of leaves and limbs can cause damage to your home and gutters.
Schedule a Professional Inspection
We encourage our clients to receive a comprehensive and professional inspection to check your roof for any damages and needed repairs before the fall season.
If you are interested in learning more about our Portland roofing company and our roofing services, we encourage you to contact us today at (503) 841-2587. We would be happy to offer free estimates for your roofing needs.
Summer is coming to an end, and many important things must be done to your roof to help preserve and maintain its functionality during the fall season. Fall is the transition period where leaves and trees change to prepare for the winter season. Below we offer helpful tips to prepare and strengthen your roof for fall.
During the summer, your roof has collected a wide variety of debris and dirt due to its exterior location. With increased summer storms, your roof may have a variety of debris such as seeds, grass, twigs, leaves, and small branches. It is important to remove all debris before the fall and winter seasons because these items can begin to collect moisture, which could cause mold and algae growth along your roof.
It is important your gutters remain clean and free from debris to allow proper drainage. Allowing your gutters to remain filled with leaves and other debris before the fall season can cause clogs in the downspouts. Clogged downspouts can cause water to overflow onto your roof, causing possible moisture damage.
If you are interested in learning more about our residential roofing in Clackamas, Oregon, and the surrounding areas, we encourage you to contact us today at (503) 841-2587. We would be happy to schedule an appointment with you to go over your free estimate.
When it comes to your home, it is important that the roof over your head is structurally sound and safe. At Sunnyside Roofing Services, we often see homeowners neglect their roofs because they have the mentality of “out of sight, out of mind.” Our roofing contractors in Hillsboro, Oregon, and throughout the surrounding areas, strive to educate our customers on the importance of proper roof maintenance. Below we feature common signs and problems could indicate that you need a roof repair or possible roof replacement.
- If your roof is over 25 years old and is starting to require more and more needed repairs, you may need to invest in a new roof.
- If you are noticing curled shingles or missing shingles, you may need a comprehensive roof repair.
- If you notice stains on interior ceilings and walls, this could indicate a larger roofing issue, such as a leaking roof.
- When your energy bills start to increase rapidly, you may have a roofing issue that needs to be repaired.
- If you have shingle granules in your gutters, it is important to contact our roofers to help you evaluate the issue.
Our residential roofing company strives to help you receive the most out of your roof. If you have any questions regarding our roofing services or you would like a free estimate, contact us today at (503) 841-2587.
Welcome to Sunnyside Roofing Services Blog! We are your source for trustworthy roofing contractors in Portland Oregon, and throughout the surrounding areas. No matter if you are faced with rain, shine, sleet, or snow, we work hard to ensure your roof is structurally sound and safe. Our residential roofing company strives to protect you and your family through our roof replacements and repairs. Below we discuss what you can expect from our roofing services.
Our roofing contractors can help maintain and preserve your roof through regular roof repairs. It is important to contact our company immediately if you notice any roof damage to try to salvage the damage before it gets worse.
Our company will do everything in its power to properly repair your roof. When your roof repairs become too costly, it may be time to upgrade your roof completely. We understand that a roof replacement can be a large investment, which is why we only recommend this solution if it is vital to your safety.
We offer comprehensive roof and gutter cleaning to preserve your roofs safety while enhancing your overall curb appeal.
If you are interested in learning more about our services, contact us today at (503) 841-2587.